Opossums are omnivorous nocturnal mammals with great night vision, excellent immune systems, and partial if not total immunity to snake venom. They are white or gray with long, pointed faces, and bodies roughly the size of a house cat. Opossums have sharp claws, specialized tails, and back feet for grasping branches and climbing. They have a wide-ranging diet including insects, other smaller rodents, plants, pet food, garbage, snakes, birds, worms, chickens, nuts, fruit, and roots.
Opossums inhabit open spaces under decks, hot tubs, sheds, crawlspaces, and other voids like attics where they can hide. They will nest wherever there is an abundance of food and water. These reclusive animals are a vector for a number of dangerous diseases and parasites like tuberculosis, bed bugs, fleas, lice, and mites.
Signs of Opossum Infestation
- Thumping, scraping, shrieking, clicking, lip-smacking, or hissing noises in your attic, walls or ceiling
- Damage to the ductwork or insulation in your attic
- Droppings similar in size to a cat’s or small dog’s
- Urine soaked floor space or insulation in your attic
- Leaves and debris accumulated in uncommon places around your home
- Disturbed garbage cans, overturned dumpsters or half eaten pet food
- Ripped up sod / lawns when they are digging for worms
Humane Opossum Control & Removal
Opossums are active and reclusive creatures that create a lot of damage in a short amount of time. It’s important to eradicate these pests quickly as soon as you detect their presence. Proper humane opossum removal requires specialists who are highly trained to deal with the behavior and living patterns of opossums. Opossums often choose attics for the purpose of raising their babies. All too often, we see amateurs remove the mother, seal the attic space, and accidentally leave the babies to die and decay in the attic. Don’t let this be you! We have proven, effective, humane, and cost-efficient methods for dealing with opossums. We practice opossum exclusion, which is the humane way to trap and relocate an animal into its natural habitat. Your state-licensed technician will identify all the entry points and damage that the opossums have caused by entering the structure and provide cost-effective solutions that prevent future pests from entering the home.
Our Promise To You
- To respect your time by showing up on time and accommodating your schedule.
- To call you back on the same day — within a few hours (or sooner!)
- To sell you only those termite or pest control services that you need.
- Not to nickel and dime you!
- A fair and reasonable price is provided at the time of your complimentary termite or pest control consultation. This price is the only fee we charge the entire year for our annual termite service or pest control services.
- From the initial phone call to the outstanding ongoing termite and pest control services, we are committed to making you and your family our top pest control priority!