Raccoons are medium-sized mammals with gray backs and white to pale gray stomachs. Raccoons have acclimated to life around humans will go wherever they can find adequate food and water supplies. They have a wide-ranging diet including insects, plants, pet food, garbage, nuts, and fruit. Raccoons take up residence in attics, under porches, crawl spaces, garages, sheds, fireplace, trees, and walls. It is essential that homeowners, property management companies, and businesses confront this problem head-on with the help of professionals as soon as possible.
Raccoons Are Dangerous
Raccoons are very aggressive and strong animals. It is dangerous for an untrained person to try and attempt to remove a raccoon from their property without the proper knowledge and training. Raccoons will defend themselves and their young if they feel threatened or trapped. If threatened, raccoons will attack most pets. They have also been known to carry canine distemper, rabies, roundworm, fleas, and ticks.
Raccoons cause a significant amount of damage to houses and other structures. Raccoons have no reservations about tearing holes in your roof or walls. Once inside, raccoons shred insulation materials to make a nest. After the nest is constructed, the raccoons will urinate and defecate within your attic to mark its territory. The longer the raccoons stay in the attic, the more damage will be done, sometimes costing the property owner upwards of thousands of dollars in repair and cleanup fees.
Signs of Raccoon Infestation
- Loud thumping, scraping, shrieking noises in your attic, walls or ceiling
- Damage to the ductwork or insulation in your attic
- Horrible odors
- Stains on your ceiling
- Urine soaked floor space or insulation in your attic
- Disturbed garbage cans, overturned dumpsters or half eaten pet food
- Ripped up sod / lawns when they are digging for food
Humane Raccoon Control & Removal
When nesting in homes, raccoons create a lot of damage in a short amount of time. It’s important to eradicate these pests quickly as soon as you detect their presence. Proper humane raccoon removal requires specialists who are highly trained to deal with the behavior and living patterns of raccoons. Raccoons often choose attics for the purpose of raising their babies. All too often, we see amateurs remove the mother, seal the attic space, and accidentally leave the babies to die and decay in the attic. Don’t let this be you! We have proven, effective, humane, and cost-efficient methods for dealing with raccoons. We practice raccoon exclusion, which is the humane way to trap and relocate an animal into its natural habitat. Your state-licensed technician will identify all the entry points and damage that the raccoons have caused by entering the structure and provide cost-effective solutions that prevent future pests from entering the home.
Our Promise To You
- To respect your time by showing up on time and accommodating your schedule.
- To call you back on the same day — within a few hours (or sooner!)
- To sell you only those termite or pest control services that you need.
- Not to nickel and dime you!
- A fair and reasonable price is provided at the time of your complimentary termite or pest control consultation. This price is the only fee we charge the entire year for our annual termite service or pest control services.
- From the initial phone call to the outstanding ongoing termite and pest control services, we are committed to making you and your family our top pest control priority!